Tips for bargain hunters
It pays to shop around
Don't assume that all shops sell things at the same
price. Especially for more expensive items it's worth looking
around before you buy.
Five top tips for bargain hunters...
1. Use price comparison websites or search for
discount offers and codes to give you an extra 5,
10 or 15% off.
2. Make sure you pay by the cheapest method,
this is usually direct debit. Some companies may charge you a
handling fee if you pay by credit or debit card.
3. Recycling is becoming more and more popular.
Websites such as Freecycle have local
networks of people who offer items for free - you can also list the
items you need. Typical listings include furniture and electrical
goods - it's a great way of furnishing your home for next to
4. Charity shops and furniture recycling shops
are also a great place to find great deals on things that would
usually be more expensive brand new.
5. If you've got things you don't need or want anymore, how
about going to a car boot sale or using websites
such as eBay
to turn your trash into cash!